Call for Social Media volunteer
Call for social media volunteer
The NJA is actively seeking volunteers who can help to promote, develop and maintain the NJA’s online social media presence in order to maximise awareness of the NJA and the impact of the work the NJA does.
- Help create and maintain a social media plan
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of NJA
- Keep NJA’s social media channels including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook updated on a frequent basis, both directly and through using social media management tools
- Identify and research suitable items to post and repost
- Comment on our posts and share them with others
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience
- Work with NJA Trustees to ensure the timely publishing of content to support campaigns, marketing and promotions
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward
- Keep up to date with NJA events and news, and choose what to promote through our social media feeds
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media
- To be able to communicate effectively, with the ability to write creatively and succinctly
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Good understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about the history of jazz and the NJA collections
- Computer and internet access at home
If you think you can help please contact Angela Davies by email - email@example.com or call on 020 8502 4701.