Call for a Social Media volunteer
If you're interested in developing your social media skills, this could be the opportunity for you.
The National Jazz Archive is actively seeking creative volunteers who can help develop and maintain the Archive's online social media presence.
You will be helping to maximise awareness of the National Jazz Archive and the impact of the work the Archive does. Key Tasks include
- Helping create and maintain a series of social media campaigns
- Using social media to promote the activities and achievements of the Archive
- Maintaining a responsive and active engagement with our followers
- Monitoring and analysing social media and website activity to ensure we are engaging effectively with our audience, recommending and implementing changes when necessary
- Working with our Trustees to ensure the timely publishing of content to support a variety of marketing campaigns
- Keeping up to date with our events and news, and choosing what to promote through our various social media feeds
We are looking for interested volunteers who have some of the following attributes, or an interest in learning
- An interest in the use of social media
- A creative flair and interest in promotion through images and words
- An understanding of different types of digital marketing and communications media, including social media
- An ability to communicate effectively, including to write creatively and succinctly
- An ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Social Media
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- An interest in the history of jazz and the Archive's collections
- Computer and internet access at home and an experience of using Microsoft Office
If you think you can help please contact Angela Davies by email - email@example.com or call on 020 8502 4701.